Five Reasons Why You’ll Love LeadershipChat
December 21, 2010 9 Comments
A growing group of thinkers/doers has been gathering on Tuesday evenings (8 pm ET) for a weekly event called #LeadershipChat.
We gather around a virtual table on Twitter and discuss various topics around leadership in business. And in a relatively short 2 months, quite an energized group of attendees have chosen to spend that hour together – an hour that flies by faster than any other in the week.
So why will you love #LeadershipChat when you join in? Here are 5 simple reasons.
- LeadershipChat is warm. One of the first things you’ll notice is the friendly and welcoming climate. LC is designed to be like a Tuscan dinner table, and you can’t help but enjoy the banter and feel the love (yes, I said love).
- Smart people congregate there. I’ve tuned into other chats, with plenty of smart folks as well, but you’ll find a concentration of sharp thinkers at LeadershipChat who challenge our ideas quite regularly, in 140 characters.
- You will find lots of new people to follow. Already, in a few weeks, we’ve seen a growing network of people discovering each other through LeadershipChat, some of whom are already communicating and collaborating outside of the weekly event.
- While the topics are both practical and sometimes even edgy, we have an awful lot of fun each week – before, during, and after LeadershipChat.
- Lisa Petrilli is one of the co-moderators. Enough said.
So, if you haven’t yet taken a seat at the table, please join us. Tonight, Tuesday December 21 is an “Open Mic” night, so any topic of interest to you can be placed on the table (hint: one very easy way to participate is by using a client like Tweetchat. Just log in, read the stream of thoughts that are being shared, and feel free to chime in with your reactions and questions.).