12 Reasons Why You Clicked on This Link
July 19, 2010 4 Comments
1. It was a slightly intriguing, but ultimately meaningless title, and the world needs more of that.
2. This could very well have been the next big internet meme – who wants to miss out on that?
3. 11 reasons are insufficient, and 13 is unlucky. But twelve is good.
4. You thought it just might increase your FCIQ (Fast Company Influence Quotient).
5. You’ve been Rick-rolled 736 times, and figured you could move past Gloria Smyznykowski by getting to 737.
6. Somebody you trusted forwarded it to you. So it must be good.
7. It was there. In a tweet. Begging to be clicked. And you gave in.
8. (this reason intentionally left blank)
9. You’d click on ANY link that you think might get you a $15.5M dollar inheritance from Kenya. Alas – you’ll have to buy a lottery ticket.
10. It was on the internet, so it must be true.
11. You are either for or against global warming, and clicking seemed like a good idea for some reason.
12. You don’t take yourself too seriously.
Subscribe to the Connection Agent blog