Six Things I Don’t Think About Anymore
May 2, 2008 1 Comment
1. Phone charges by the minute. My grandchildren will ask me about this one day, perplexed by the concept.
2. Geographical barriers. Without a second thought, I’m communicating with people around the world. Effortlessly. Any time. A lot of those barriers were in my mind only, it turns out.
3. Finding information. Any information. About anything. Just Google it. “Search and you shall find” takes on a whole new meaning.
4. Looking for stuff in stores. E-commerce. Enough said.
5. Repairing electronics. In almost every case nowadays, it’s cheaper to throw something out than fix it. And, if it’s over 6 months old, the replacement is already present, better, and cheaper!
6. Handwriting. Digital communication used to be writing using the digits on your hands. Now it’s all bits and bytes. I’m still not sure how I feel about this – it’s a lot easier to read my typing than my writing!