A Satisfied Elenco Customer
January 13, 2011 4 Comments
Here is the story, in bullet points:
- For Christmas, we got our 9-year old Seth a cool electronic snap circuits toy (made by Elenco Electronics) – various parts and pieces that kids can use to create simple electronic circuits.
- Dog decided to try out her teeth on several pieces. The teeth worked. The pieces no longer did.
- Wife contacts Elenco (e-mail) about the several DOA pieces. They promptly respond back by e-mail that the specific pieces outlined by my wife will be replaced.
- Package comes: new parts. No charge. Not even shipping. Happy wife. Happy Seth.
- Happy customer gives public, on-line back pat and recommendation for “blog-worthy” service.
And that, folks, is how customer service works.
(btw, I wrote a similar post about a similar customer experience with Legos 2 years ago. And that post has been one of the most heavily trafficked EVER on my blog.)